Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thatch Covers The Rolling Stones

I was down in the basement folding laundry when Thatch made his way down the treacherous steps to join me. “Hey Mom! There’s this song..“ He began to sing plaintively “You can’t get what you WAAAaaaant. You can’t get what you WAAAAAaaant.”

“Hey I know that song, where did you hear that?” I kicked myself for not having the camera on me to immediately take video footage of his Rolling Stones Cover.

“Listen me. Listen my song.” he said and began to sing again  “You can get what you want. You want candy you get what you wAAAAant. You can get what you WAAAaaant.”  He trailed off and mumbled trying to remember the tune.

I tried to be helpful, “You can’t always get what you WaaaaaaAAaaaaant. You can’t always get what you WAAAaaant. But if you try sometimes -”

“You can get what you want!” he sang

“- you just might find you get what you NEEEEEEEEd awwwwwww yes.”  I dropped the towel I was folding and began a wild air guitar solo that ended prematurely when he begged me to stop.



October 8, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment