Thursday, January 8, 2009

Roles and Holes

Dear Man,

Thanks so much for the thoughtful note you left the other morning. I would have responded sooner but I've been swamped with extracurricular activities. Take today for example; I hardly had time to get three children dressed and ready for the ride to school before I had to turn around and come back home so I could shower…. With the toddler. You'll understand why my legs are not shaved.  Then Toddler and I had to go BACK to the school so I could participate in arts and crafts with the entire grade school and your son who has zero fear of leaving me behind, swabbing up his gingerbread frosting mess as he ran three halls down to wash his hands. Don't worry. I followed the swearing to find him. Two hours of that didn't hurt his energy levels one bit either. We still had time to roll in puddles outside, do two loads of laundry, a load of dishes and wipe all the counters down! But then, alas I had to make lunch, clean that up and then get him to sleep. By the time nap time was done he was ready for more puddle rolling, I did another load of laundry and we soon welcomed the girls home off the school bus.  Then it was snack/homework/dinner prep time. It's so lucky you managed to pull in the driveway just as it was being served, what a relief as I was sure you were about to miss it. Now I'm just grabbing a couple moments to respond to your to do list before the bedtime shenanigans ensue. I feel it's best to respond with my own to do list for YOU. I'm sure this will be familiar as you remind your crews at work of it all the time.

1. Know your role.

2. Shut your hole.

I'm sure you only meant to be helpful and I don't mean to belittle your input however I was running this show long before you showed up and doing it just fine.

Thanks!

Dew

No comments:

Post a Comment