Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dew Dew Droppings

“He has the nerve to claim fucking me is like sleeping with a statue!”  she pauses and shifts the phone to her other ear. “The thing I want to scream at him is You’re fucking a statue! What’s wrong with YOU?


*****

How is it that when you cut your finger there’s more blood than seems necessary but when a person blows their brains out there doesn’t seem to be enough?


*****


“It’s a puzzle. It’s one of those critical thinking story problems they used to read to us in fourth grade. You know what I’m talking about? The midget in the elevator and it turns out he used his umbrella?”

“Yeah.” she laughed “I remember.”

“So here it is; there’s a man in a cage. It isn’t impossible to escape the cage… there’s no lock on the door… he just thinks he can’t leave the cage. He scared of being outside the cage. Not that leaving the cage is easy, it‘s going to be very very very difficult. It‘s just not impossible.”

“Right.”

“The question is… do you stand just outside the cage and feed this man scraps through the bars? Or do you insist he must open the door and come out to eat?”  I paused and decided to make a case for my behavior. “He’s starving. STARVING. He maybe can’t open the door he’s so hungry.”

“ahahahahhahaah”

“Yeah. I know. You’re totally right. I know you’re right.”




September 15, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment