Friday, September 18, 2009

The Thrill of the Chase

My daughter’s best friend is not in her class this year. He also doesn’t have the same lunch period or any of the same recesses.  It’s okay. She’s making other friends. (perhaps friends that don’t get their heads stomped on at recess? Is that too much to ask?) Meanwhile…. She’s stalking the best friend.

“Mom. I saw his backpack up ahead on the way outside.”

“Mom, he was in the hallway today and I waved at him.”

“Mom, he was on the bus today but someone was already sitting by him and I think he saw me.”

*floored*   


I suppose the internet stalking doesn’t begin for a couple more years.

The thing is…. This kid…. Gawds. I don’t know how to say this…

Okay… so let’s say you have a kid and he’s a giant dork. Like say he wears t-shirts you get for free when you complete the libraries summer reading program (not that I don’t wear Isabelle’s) and perhaps his main interest in life is Pokemon…. Not Pokemon five years ago…. Pokemon right now… and also say he gets his head stomped into the ground on the playground and his voice is whiny even when he isn’t whining and say you spend nights wondering if anyone will ever see your boy the way you do and love love love him the way we all deserve to be loved. (restraining order love)

Well. Worry no more.

There’s some blue eyed blond haired beauty with a pokemon boner stalking him for sure. 

And it’s my daughter. 


September 18, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment