Monday, June 29, 2009

My Head

I’ve been pulled to the edge. I’ve been pushed there. I’ve been blindfolded and tricked there. I’ve tip toed to the edge all on my own and looked out into the big wide empty. I’ve pulled others there. Pushed them there. Begged and screamed on my knees, waving my arms and pleading that they see there. It’s only you that thinks of what snacks we should bring. It’s only you that encourages me to have a seat so we can dangle our feet. It’s only you already there, letting me be there with you. Unless that's me. Unless that's all in my head.




It’s not what we can see, though it sure helps if we like what we do see.

It’s what we CAN’T see that draws us in and fucks with our heads. Its...

The empty places where we can sketch in what we want to see.

The nooks we shove our hope in next to all the shimmer and glimmer that caught our eye.

The shinier the better . The more reflective the more easily we can see ourselves there.

No, not our whole self… some better self or other version of self.

Just don’t lose your head. 


June 29, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment