Monday, August 17, 2009

They're Never Talking About Us

“Robert. She’s doing the best she can with what she has.”

“Oh keep your platitudes. She’s worse than a failure, she’s ordinary. She threw her life away for mediocrity because she’s too scared and too lazy to fight for anything better.”

“She’s a mother. She’s raising her children. She can always do other things later.”

“That never happens. You have this fantasy that life comes to you and it doesn’t. You have to go out and get it. You have to earn it.”

“The way you did? You sure aren’t here to tell her that. If it’s meant to be it will happen. Besides what do you expect? She’s your daughter.”

“Here we go. MY daughter. When did they stop being your kids? When you walked away? When you abandoned me? Now that I’m dead they’re MY kids?”

“I abandoned YOU? I’m still here. You’re the one who isn’t here.”

“I’m not? I’m pretty sure my remains in a box in your closet qualifies for something. You need to let go and move on. Guilt has ruined your life.”

“You’re the expert!”


August 17, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment