Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lil Dew

“Mom. Why can’t we adopt kids? Why didn’t YOU adopt kids?” she was outraged.

“I have enough kids.” I told her.

“NO!” she said, exasperated. “I want one more!” she insisted.

“Just because you wished for a little brother and it happened doesn’t mean it works that way, lil Dew”

*ten minutes of her writing in her writing journal*

“Okay, it’s time to move on to math now. Finish up your entries.”

“I’m done! See?” she held up her spiral notebook where she had written half a page and filled the second half with a drawing. “That’s my family”

“Oh, that’s nice honey.” There seemed to be a LOT of stick figures there.

“I’m going to adopt.” she explained to Niece. “ It’s not fair! Those teenagers shouldn’t have to be stuck there without parents! Why would I make a new baby when there are already those ones out there?” she asked rhetorically. And then added “I’m going to have ten.”

“Whoah” Niece was impressed. I was too.

*****************************************************

EXCERPTS FROM LIL DEWS WRITING JOURNAL ENTRIES
(with authors permission of course)

September 21, 2008
The Slug

My cousin and I saw a slug it was probably three inches long! It was in are yard so Cousin and I where even more freaked out. Cousin said, “Get a shovel a pick it up! Quik I caint look any longer!” “No” I said, “It’s too long I caint pick it up like I did with the other one. Cousin said “Well I sure am not going to do it!” “Well then” I said “Why am I going to do it?” She said, “You’re going to do it because I told you to and you’re the boy.!” “AAaaahhh” she yelled. She said “it’s going to get me!” I said “it’s not going to get you It’s as slow as any other slug!” Cousin said “Not the slug! The man with the knife in the helicopter!” “Help!” we yelled. Mom said “Don’t yell help when you don’t need it!” Then the man got me! Just as dad saw the helicopter. So dad got his gun and shot the man and the slug. We said “Bravo! Bravo!” and clapped. We all said “did you just talk?” the slug said “I think so.”

The end.

September 15, 2008

Untitled

I get my nitendo back today. I was grounded last week. Me and Cousin played without asking. Sometimes I do not understand the big world. Like why do kids get grounded but parents don’t? Why do you have to wait until you’re sixteen to get a license? Why can baibys pull hair, bang on doors, do thing theyre not supposed to and still not get in trouble? They can also whine! Little Man was just crying! I heard him. He wants a cookie. Cousin’s wearing jean shorts with red thread. A green shirt. And a dark blue, light blue, dark and light green, white and purple sweater. It’s also yellow.

September 17, 2008
Untitled
One of Cousin’s journals is missing. It is purple and it is her spelling one. It’s like a mystery! I just want to know where it is. I hope we find it ‘cause I think spelling is next. Now where could it be? And how did it get there? And who started it all? And if it got stolen The Man’s probably going to punch them if he finds them. I sure wouldn’t! I’d grab it from them and run back home! Then I would laugh and giggle. When I stopped laughing and giggling I would take it to Cousin.

We had a bike ride last night! It was so much fun. At first we both were nervous but when we started we were giggling! Well no giggling but having fun. I want to go again today! The Man does too. I do hope we can. Cousin is being the most annoyingest person in the world.

************************************************************

I have to jet now. The kids are being the most annoyiest kids in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment