Thursday, September 18, 2008

Queen of Homeschool

Listen! Do you hear that?

The wild applause, the crowd on it's feet, that's what!

There's a stadium of fans in my satisfaction bowl.

Just had our first phone conference with the online teacher. She asked me "So, how are you doing?"

How am I doing? "You tell me!" I wanted to say.
Oh please, like this blog doesn't already prove I'm approval hungry.

"I can't believe how much you guys have already accomplished, you're doing fantastic, and your ATTENDANCE! You guys are my new favorite family!" she exclaimed.

That's right. I'm the queen of home school. "One day I forgot to give them a recess." I confessed, laughing. "Don't worry- that turned out counterproductive, we won't let that happen again." *grin*

So go ahead and join me in this moment. Smell dinner in the oven. Hear the laundry spinning, the children playing in the backyard without arguing because they're mentally satisfied. See me sitting here in my SAHM uniform, wearing beat-up jeans and a baggy sweatshirt, wondering when my next shower might be, grateful I stole five minutes to brush my teeth this morning.

See me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment