Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Series of Unfortunate Smells Part Two

Approximately ninety miles later and after a mind numbing hour or so of political arguing. Wait. Not arguing so much as me saying "That's not even true" over and over. With a few "What are you a communist now?"s thrown in as he described his plan to save the world.

Then the cat's stead mewing became something else. It was more urgent.

"I think my cat needs to stop." Guy informed me.

"yeah. You're probably right" I grudgingly admitted and took the exit ramp leading to a rest area. It was an incredibly short off ramp. WAY too short to decelerate from the speed I had been driving and just before the stop sign was a cattle grate. Can't be stopping short on that so I had even LESS time to stop.

Oh hell I'm just making excuses. I stopped short like nobodies business. Everything in the car shifted forward.

"RAWR!"

"Dew(ed)!" Guy had actual fear in his eyes. "What are you doing???"

I laughed at him "I had to stop!" As soon as I stopped the car Guy was out and around to rescue the kitty cat. I came around to help him and found him half holding the cat to his chest and he says,

"Dewww! You made him piss all over himself!" he was outraged! and to the cat "It's alright. You're okay."

"There goes the box"
"The box is fine, I had newspaper in there." he assured me. I watched him take his shirt off and use it to wipe the urine off the lower end of the cat. Anytime Guy was actually holding the cat, the cat was perfectly content, staring around with big stupid blue eyes at us.

"Alright." I stretched out and then grabbed my cigarettes out of the car, walking to a picnic table and sitting face out. "We'll hang out here awhile and see if he chills out."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"How many times did you stop on the way here?" he asked.

"once."  I tossed him the pack of smokes. "Because I had to fill the tank."

"You're a road nazi!" he said. "NO STOPPING! No eating! No peeing! No smoking!" we were giggling.

"Are we there yet?" I joked and in another voice, "Did I stop?" *laughing* "NO!"

"Yeah," he continued, nodding "You're one of those weird robot people. You don't seem to need anything like a regular person."

"I'm not a robot!"

"I don't think the cat is getting better." We watched Lance on the other end of the leash Guy was holding, hunkering down seemingly trying to become one with the pavement.

"Yeah. I don't think so either. Let's head out, the sooner we get there the better."


to be continued... very shortly. fast as I can type it. Really! I'm not even editing! (like you didn't notice *wry grin*)

No comments:

Post a Comment