Sunday, June 1, 2008

Dew Ramble On

Awww the weekend. Allow me to elaborate.

*On Friday I started a book binge. The binge ended just now (it's Sunday night), mainly 'cause I've run out of material and I'm not a big fan of re-reading books. I almost never do it unless I can't remember I've read it until I've started and then I'm compelled to finish anyway. I have real issues with closure. It might be interesting to note the few authors I do re-read; Twain, Steinbeck and Robbins. Not because that's important or has anything to do with the books I just read, just 'cause it might be interesting to some of you.

People ask me what to read a lot. I don't know why. I'm not a terribly discerning reader. I would describe myself as a recovering text addict. Heh. Just blogs now, they're short and don't interrupt my busy mom lifestyle. (Hahahah! BigD knows why I'm laughing)  From the time I could read, I read anything I could get my hands on. They actually ran out of books for me in the first grade. I can recall the disappointed now what feeling I had in the pit of my stomach as the teacher explained the problem to me as though it was yesterday. It was like I had done something really wrong. I have people pleasing issues too. I remember asking why she couldn't get some from the second grade and she explained that it didn't work that way and anyway I should be glad I had already finished their reading program. *jeezus christ I swear I should home school my kids* Anyway, I don't read much anymore. It's because of the way I read, wholly absorbed, barely coming up for air. The best books are the ones you never really shake off.

So I read The Time Traveler's Wife, Plain Truth and The Butterfly Revolution. All good reads. I don't really do reviews. I almost kinda think it's too personal. Hee hee hee! No erotica and no reviews from Dew(ed). LoL I do kinda think some kind of book discussion group would be fun though. They have some at the library but I'm not so big on joining things. Look what happened with the damn PTA! Next thing you know I would have homework and have to choose books and probably bring snacks and whatnot. Besides they always give people way too long to read the book. I think a week tops otherwise it's ancient history by the time it's time and I have to re-read it.

*On Saturday I played in the yard. I had been letting the front yard go for a LONG time. It's because Thatcher's a runner. We live on a quiet gravel cul-de-sac but it still makes me real nervous. Actually it's similar to the reading issue. I can be easily lost in what I'm doing, and find it aggravating to be balancing keeping him occupied while simultaneously doing a great job at what I'm working on. I used to be better at it, (or in my mind I was) when the girls were little but I think it's partly that they had each other whereas he just has me.

So the weeds were knee height in the flower beds and the edging around the new beds I added a few months ago was still shaky. I've still steadily been adding rocks to the river rock path I put in that curves just so toward the back gate but was getting pissed that it wasn't filling up as quickly as I wanted. Funny how even a few hundred hand picked rocks from all over the rest of the yard seem few when the space you want to fill requires so many more. Another reason it's easier to just leave the flower beds weed infested is that it keeps Craig's cats from leaving their little Cuban missiles all over the damn place until I fill the space with plants and wooden skewers. (it works!)

After getting about half done with the weeding… hmmm I guess I did that Friday afternoon…. I decided I needed inspiration to continue and Saturday morning I went over to Home Depot to spend a hundred dollars on anything that smelled good or excited my fancy. Did I mention I went all by myself? So fun! *girly squeals and clapping* I'll try and take some pics tomorrow and tell you about all my new plant babies. I forgot to buy any seeds and put off on vegetables 'cause they didn't fall under the two requisites on the budget expectations. For that same reason I had to go back Sunday and buy three bags of river rock (more squeals of joy) and some latticey stuff to support the Jasmine.

*On Saturday night Tim and I watched a scary movie, Signs that we borrowed from BigD 'cause we watched it forever ago and had a great time. It was good again. Then I kept him up until 3:30 in the morning proving that sometimes the second or third time you do something are the best times. ;)

*Of course, on Sunday we rested. Errr… ummm well I did. Hey, I was doing most of the work! He went grocery shopping while Thatch and I napped and forgot laundry soap. I pretended I was real bent out of shape about it even though it means I might avoid laundry for a couple days at least. *snort* Just kidding, Isabelle needs her baseballs stuff washed by tomorrow evening so Thatch and I have errands tomorrow morning. *sigh*  Oh well. Maybe I'll buy a few books, I feel like I'm not done reading.

And now... on with the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment