Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Newsy

Thatcher's been wearing my orange with polka-dot lace trim thong underwear as a necklace for a few days. What? He's not even two, he can wear whatever he wants!

*shrug* Besides, it's a good color on him.

Before that he had stolen a string of shiny gold mardi gras beads out of Isabelle's room and refused to take them off…..ever. He wore them in the shower with me, he wore them on his play-date at his buddy Carter's house and  he wore them for naps. I would have to sneak in and remove them once he fell asleep for fear he would somehow strangle himself in the crib with them.

The underwear don't make me as nervous as the beads did, they're stretchy and don't hurt as much when he swings 'em at me.

It's adorable, when it's time to eat he carefully removes the panties, sets them in a safe place and climbs into his highchair or booster at the table. Then, after he's "all done" I wash him up and put him down on the floor and he goes and gets them re-situated on himself. This is all his idea, I never told him he couldn't eat with the underwear on. As a matter of fact if he had and they got dirty I would have had the perfect excuse to take them back and put them in the laundry.

Sometimes he strings an arm through, sometimes they're more like a hat, sometimes they're just a necklace.

I don't think he really knows what they are. See, generally I don't wear underwear. Those panties only made it through the laundry cycle to the folding area on the couch for him to snatch 'cause a couple weeks ago I wore a skirt when the sun came out for a couple days.

I wonder what he'd do if he saw how I wear them.  Bwahahahah!

One of two things:

1. Jealous rage that I'm defiling his necklace in such a horrid manner.

2. Grateful for the enlightenment as to how to wear his thong.

Heh. It's really all my fault anyway. Sometimes I put the waistband of Tim's underwear around my head and wear them like a hat with Thatch's socks on my ears while I'm folding laundry. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment