Thursday, July 31, 2008

Truth or Dare

"Is this thing clean?" he was bent over, about to pull the dishwasher drawer out.

"I don't know." I responded distractedly glancing over my shoulder at him from the computer.

"No." he slid the drawer back in the clearly full dishwasher, shut the door and started to walk away.

"You're not going to start it?" I asked him incredulously.

"No. What? I mean…" he floundered while I stared at him resentfully. "Well you didn't start it when you filled it so…."

"When I finished it? Who says I finished it?" I asked.

I dare you to say it couldn't have been you.

I dare you to admit you never put your dirty dishes in there.

I dare you to remind me I clean up after dinner every night.

I dare you to ask me what I do all day.

I dare you to find out how close to the edge I am.

I dare you to see the truth.

"Fine." he made a big show of retrieving a soap package, placing it in the little compartment and starting the wash cycle.

"Fine." I went back to my search on google.

No comments:

Post a Comment