Friday, November 7, 2008

Little Blue Dune Buggy

The truth is we haven't really moved yet. Oh we took most of our stuff to the new house and we sleep there, cook there, and so on. But technically we also still live at the other place. Or at least our filth does. That and the contents of the garage and backyard. Heh. Maybe that doesn't sound like much. HA!

Just want to pause here a moment and remind anyone who may have forgotten that it was The Man's idea to move like this. Okay, let's carry on.

So last weekend, after our first week in the new house; The Man makes the remark "Why don't you go over there during the day and clean up the house?" As in why hadn't I been already.  After all, the boxes had unpacked themselves AND took care of the kids, enrolled them in school and whatnot. They were special boxes.

Yeah. That's a whole other blog that I'll not be writing.
Any hoot…

So this last week my days have gone like this. Get up two hours earlier than I'm accustomed, prepare two kids for a school day, chase toddler begging him to let me dress him, drive kids to school, stop back at home to finish dressing toddler and myself. Then hop back in the car, drive half an hour to the old house,  clean as much as I can in two to three hours, get back in car and drive half an hour to get to new house so I can make lunch for toddler and put him down for a nap early enough to not have to wake him up (cardinal sin in motherhood is to have to wake a sleeping child) in order to go pick the girls up from school.

A nap he won't feel like he needs due to sleeping in the car for about an hour.

*sigh*

Thirty minutes of winding car commercial roads in a car seat is just more than my boy can take. He passes out to escape the tedium of it I think. So I've started doing anything I can to keep him awake. Detailed conversations regarding trucks and airplanes and making silly noises and me going "LITTLE MAN!" to jerk him out of his head droops.

Then he discovered The Presidents of the United States of America. This was a fluke, I misplaced my iPod and was sick to death of repetitive radio so I hit cd to see if one was in there and lo and behold an old mix cd was… I hit play and we're grooving to the sounds of Little Blue Dune Buggy.  Little Man fell in love.

FYI you can listen to Little Blue Dune Buggy approximately 13 times between the new house and the old house. But, the only thing making it bearable is the adorable little boy singing along in the backseat.  And you have to sing along as goofily as possible. Try not to dance the car right off the road. You know, for the first five times you listen to it. When you still like it.

*reminds self AGAIN to burn a Presidents of the United States of America cd with other songs on it before tomorrow*

No comments:

Post a Comment