Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Supah Mayan

We were in a random Troutdale subdivision, trick or treating. Little Man was in prime form. Oh lord you can't believe how adorable this boy is. I swear he's a gift. Oh I know, everyone says that. And all the babies are. In their own way. But this boy. My gawd…. I can't even tell you.

He's dressed as Superman. He likes to say Supah Mayan! He likes to run with his arms out, his hippy hoppy steps leaping across the ground .. He flies. My daughter has wanted to fly since she was old enough to verbalize it.. At least. But her own brain needs to know how it would work, needs it to be REAL. I hate that I know that comes from me. But Little Man. He DOES fly. He does. He might crash. But he also flies.

So there we are, marching along on the side walks in surprisingly balmy fall air. He refuses all offers to help him carry his mushy fabric pumpkin filled with sweets. "no Mama! My canny! I do it!" He shuffles and runs to keep up with the girls, crowding to the front at the door, shouting "ticker teat!" and "Happyween!"

I'm giggling madly because the only other option would be to lie down and bawl just to be next to his joy. And I'm not that girl. I'm not. It's just that he's that boy.

Along comes another little boy, maybe a year older but not much bigger than Little Man. He's also dressed as Superman and we all comment and remark about it. "another superman! Look Little Man!"

Little Man walks a few feet away, pointedly looking in the opposite direction. He refused to acknowledge this other little boy! He even muttered, "I Superman!" before running off to the next house.

Ahahahaha! Can you believe this kid?






Yeah. I made him.

Mellow Yellow (Aunt D) demands that I edit this. and she's right. I forgot some key funny cute moments.

The bag! My gawd the bag! the pumpkin bag thing... someone gave it to him last Halloween and it even has his name on it. It's a decent size and people were loading him up with candy, even as he grabbed giant handfuls for himself, rudely. He's only two, he could barely carry it but he refused help. Finally he's dragging it on the ground and admits to me "I caint dew it Mama! I can't!" So I say do you want help?" and he reluctantly says "yesh" so I put my hand on the handle, to carry the bag between houses but he will not loosen his vise like grip on it so I'm holding the pumpkin bag with him dangling off the end of it. This was unacceptable to him after half a block so he gets the bright idea that he should put the handles over his giant head and wear it on his front. He stretches and tugs and gets it over and then pats the thing on his chest ... SO PROUD of himself at this idea but then he can barely walk, hunched forward with the weight of the bag pulling at his neck1 And this entire time he's grunting and groaning, making man sounds. ahahahaha!

the best time ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment