Saturday, December 13, 2008

Please

I think even if I was given gills and sent to live in the sea with the magical mermaids and live happily ever after,  I would always crave that suck-in-air-breathe quality to lungs.

Please

Strange coming from a smoker I guess. It sucks to smoke on acid. The cherry looks awesome but you can't feel it go in. The smoke and death and burn sensation is the whole point. I need to die a little to remember I'm alive. I need to live a little before I die.

Please.

I just have the one tiny piece of eternity. Can it be that I can't have a mortal life well-lived if I refuse to let go of that shard of forever? I wonder what I want more. I wonder what I wouldn't give.


Please

Dropping that piece isn't even possible. It's a silly game to pretend I ever could. A way to make it my own, to pretend I control it or you. I guess I have to just stop squeezing so hard. Open my hand and let it rest softly.

No comments:

Post a Comment