Thursday, October 16, 2008

Boxes and Sockses

The Man had to come home and get his laptop this morning. He said he was so excited about packing his lunch he forgot it. We were hanging in the kitchen between Spelling and Language Mechanics.

"A little over a week and we can move!" he said excitedly mid hug. I stepped back and stared at him incredulously.

"Ummm HELLO!" I gestured around us at all our shit. "No boxes, no move!"

"What are you talking about?"

"We need  boxes! I could be packing RIGHT NOW!"

"Don't you remember last time we moved?" he was so relaxed standing there leaning on the counter. "In one weekend, we just put stuff in boxes and I moved it across the street in the wheelbarrow!"

"IN ONE WEEKEND? That's how you remember that? I was packing for weeks before that!! You don't remember that? That weekend we packed all the things we use daily! All the other shit; the books and games and EVERYTHING else, was packed and labeled by room, BY ME weeks in advance!"

"What?!"

"YES!"

"So, you want boxes baby?"

"Yeah. It's 'cause I WAAAANT boxes. Dew(ed) is such an anal butt hole wanting to put some stuff in boxes so we can MOVE."

"Oh. I'll get you boxes." he grinned at me, looking me up and down. "Hey! Are you wearing my socks?"

"Yeah. I need more socks, mine are getting holey. So I put your socks on over mine and hope the holes in yours don't line up with the holes in mine."

"What the heck is going on around here! No boxes, no socks!"

"I KNOW! It's like the magic fairy that used to do everything like buy socks and get boxes is busy home schooling or something!" I grinned.

"Well, if we have to pick one I choose the box over the socks. A box is always better than a sock." ahahahahah! I laughed at him.

"Wait. You never… not in these socks, right?"

"NO! What am I fifteen!?"

"Whew! That's a relief. So, you heading back to work?"

"Yeah."

"BYE DADDY" everyone yelled.

************************ten minutes***************************

THUMP THUMP on the outside of the garage door. It's The Man. Throwing boxes at the garage. *grin*

We're moving.  *nods*

No comments:

Post a Comment