Thursday, October 30, 2008

Getting Back on the Blogging Horse

Last night, on my way home from dropping D at her apartment I stopped at Safeway to get some milk and smokes. At check out I asked the manager "Can I get cigarettes here or do I need to go to customer service?"

"Here's fine" he said and he rang my items up and asked "What kind to you want?"

"Two packs of Marlboro Ultra Lights, in the box please." I said. Clearly. Not forcefully. But clearly.

He brought back two packs of Marlboro Ultra Lights MENTHOL. The boxes were a pretty emeraldy green. I could see he brought me the wrong cigarettes right away. He finished ring me up. I paid with a debit card. All of this was time I didn't say a word.

Not a word.


And I don't know why. It felt rude. To point out his error. To be any more trouble.


So. I guess I smoke menthol now.




SO many issues. *nods* SO SO many. And of course it's a metaphor. And of course it still really happened. and no. I don't like menthol. Not more than one. and yes I will smoke them all anyway.

I'm a trooper like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment